I VOTED FOR THE FIRST TIME TODAY

[CONTEXT: Tunisia]

The human memory is fallible. I am no exception.

 However, and especially today I can't forget the days of barbarism in my country. 2012-2013. Islamists, Fundamentalists and their allies; Bullying, violence and exclusion. That was their modus operandi.

Today, I was confronted with two alternatives. I didn't have much choice. So I did go and vote.
Between a socialist law professor and an entrepreneur, I chose the latter.

Let me explain.

The alliance between intellectuals and the state is an old one. In a free market, the intellectuals would suffer. The herd, mostly, do not care about intellectual matters, hence their living would be on the line.

The intellectuals, thus, choose to be pragmatic and be the state's long arm in shaping and making the general opinion.

I will never try to put an elitist in office.I would rather put someone who produces something, who creates value, who is for trading and uplifting our condition from mere parasites to value creators and traders.

The results do not matter. Ideas do.

Life. Liberty. Property. Free Speech. Free Trade. Free Markets. Globalism. Secularism.

Comments